Cut Too Sense At Ouidad Nyc Flagship Salon
I finally got my much needed trim down together with shaping! Last Friday, I went to the Ouidad NYC Flagship Salon to pay a take in become consider Jason, thus he tin plough over my pilus the beloved together with aid it desperately needed! I was to a greater extent than than pleased amongst my whole fourth dimension at that spot together with the outcome. Read on for lots of details, together with pictures, of course!This is non my commencement fourth dimension at the Ouidad NYC Flagship Salon. I've really gone on together with off for diverse things since approximately 2006! I tin kicking myself for non existence consistent, but I'm a production junkie together with also, things happen. Before I was thus scared of silicones, Ouidad products were really some of my real favorite for my curly, wavy hair. Now that I learned to a greater extent than together with realized character of silicones affair together with non all are bad, I'm real excited to start playing amongst their trace again. Jason also moved away for a while, I also strayed together with tested other waters, likewise but I flora out he was dorsum at Ouidad correct equally I realized only how desperately my pilus needed fixing together with it was almost equally if the stars only aligned perfectly for my curls! I knew I had to become consider him later the magic he performed on my caput inwards the past times (seriously, become await at the weblog links below, peculiarly the commencement cut!)
I went to the salon amongst Day 4, multiple days worked out on hair. I snapped this film on the Express Bus inwards because it showed pilus bad my ends together with hairline really were:
"CARVE AND SLICE" SOUNDS SO SCARY...
(note: If you've been amongst me for years (thank you) I lifted some of this information from older posts for anyone new...)
The "Carve together with Slice" method of haircutting was developed past times Ouidad inwards the 1980s-- before that, at that spot never was a specific way to cutting curls. The "Carve together with Slice" cutting is done to mimic the natural curlicue blueprint inwards lodge to have got curls puzzle inwards similar a puzzle piece. Only pocket-sized amounts of pilus are cutting off together with this is exclusively done on the within of the hair, non the exterior to avoid the dreaded "pyramid" or "triangle" thus many curly girls dread. This cutting also helps have got out excess mass if at that spot is whatsoever thus the pilus volition lay closer to the caput together with autumn better. Also, past times doing thus on the within if yous create determine to blow out your pilus ane time inwards a bluish moon, yous won't consider it. The cutting is also tailored to each together with every individual. Based on the desired termination together with pilus texture, non everyone gets carving together with slicing, this genuinely is cutting specialized to you. The pilus is cutting at the curved shape of the curl. Also, whatsoever haircut at Ouidad is also NEVER done amongst razors or thinning shears, which is some other mutual misconception I popular off on hearing almost Ouidad cuts! At Ouidad Salons, the cuts are done amongst the highest character pilus pair of scissors made of Japanese steel, that are professionally sharpened every 6 months!
Wet Cut VS Dry Cut...
Years ago, I asked Jason almost cutting pilus wet versus cutting pilus dry, because I know at that spot are thus many people who swear past times exclusively cutting curls ane time they are dry. He said that "Our pilus changes solar daytime to solar daytime together with cutting it dry out yous are exclusively cutting the hair's shape for the ane solar daytime together with when yous cutting it wet together with clean, it's existence shaped thus it tin live styled good every solar daytime from thus on." That explanation only made thus much sense to me. My pilus is a mix of loose together with classic curls together with sometimes they stretch out together with don't bounce correct back. It's incredibly rare my dry out pilus looks precisely the same on 2 days thus this approach is wonderful. Having had dry out cuts inwards the past times myself, I genuinely similar wet cuts improve since my curlicue blueprint is non exact launder to wash.
My Cut...
So Jason knew precisely what I wanted together with didn’t wish equally before long equally I walked inwards together with nosotros had a conversation almost my goals: A trim down amongst minimal length lost, no layers together with styled amongst no added volume. I genuinely value the fact he respects the words “trims” together with “dusting” together with fifty-fifty remembers clients later years! That is amazing. As mentioned earlier, non every Ouidad customer gets a "carve together with slice," together with I autumn into this category. I don't demand to debulk or avoid triangle. He trimmed off real minimal pilus all piece wet to build clean it upwards together with removed the worst parts together with ane time my pilus was dry out at the end, fixed upwards my front end pieces a piddling more. I snapped a film of what was trimmed off my ends:
Deep Treatment Restoration Therapy
After the cut, I got Ouidad's signature Deep Treatment Restoration Therapy. This is a poly peptide handling I am real familiar amongst together with have got used through several holler together with bottle changes! LOL! It tin live done at dwelling trace solid equally good together with through my life, I have got used upwards many, many bottles.
One of the newer salon assistants, Haile, helped out amongst the deep treatment. I was talking to her almost it together with she said that "the proteins within the handling aid direct dorsum the elasticity inwards curls. Curl elasticity is of import to acquire the bounce together with salubrious await of the hair. If your pilus seems limp, lacking curls or if yous straighten a lot, this handling is thus important." Haile also said that "straightening the pilus causes it to lose poly peptide every unmarried time, fifty-fifty if yous usage a oestrus protectant." Another salon assistant, Lenny, helped out at the sink equally well.
My pilus was only almost due for a difficult poly peptide treatment, together with it has been loving poly peptide since the harm from bad products lastly year, thus I was excited for this treatment. The handling must live used amongst oestrus to penetrate the cuticle together with also must live sealed amongst something moisturizing. After sitting nether oestrus lamps that were thus relaxing,I believe they used the VitalCurl+ Balancing Rinse Conditioner on exceed for the wet together with residuum the poly peptide out. Truthfully, I can't recollect if the deep handling was rinsed before applying the conditioner, or if the conditioner was applied direct on top. In the past, I've done it together with have got had it done both ways.
One random thing I ever beloved at the Ouidad Salon are their cappuccinos. These drinks are seriously thus delicious, I ever await frontwards to them!
Before the deep treatment, my pilus was cleansed amongst the Curl Quencher Moisturizing Shampoo for added wet since my pilus is real dry.
After the cut, it was styling time. I really similar the Ouidad "rake together with shake" technique. Jason applied products inwards pocket-sized sections, raking them through together with shaking the ends, also manipulating some curls that needed extra encouragement. He knew I don't similar large pilus or likewise much volume, thus he concentrating on definition, together with also helped to straighten my roots, which is a await I personally similar for myself.Jason said since my pilus is thus naturally course of teaching together with dry, I demand to popular off on a lot of H2O inwards my pilus piece styling together with I also demand to usage a expert amount of cream.
Before drying, he used the Advanced Climate Control Defrizzing Conditioner equally a exit in, followed past times the master Advanced Climate Control Heat together with Humidity Gel. He said these products would aid a lot amongst my frizz, together with based on my cease results, he was right!
I did inquire what made him select the master concur Gel VS the Strong Hold for my hair, together with he told me that since my pilus is course, the rigid concur gel would live likewise rigid together with for my ideal styling, to usage 2 parts cream to ane usage gel. He also told me I have got "classic curls."
Once the raking together with shaking was done, commencement I sat nether the hooded dryer for a long time. I also clipped my hairline, equally I create at home, to farther manipulate the shape of those pieces that only create non acquit for me. We were joking at how long my pilus takes to dry. This usage is never quick for me. Thanks, genetics.
Once that was done, Jason came dorsum together with used the Advanced Climate Control Featherlight Styling Cream on dry out hair. I never used this production before together with it blew my take heed how much it helped amongst the piddling frizz I did have got from diffusing. It also took the smooth upwards some other level. Since he exclusively applied ane side before showing me, I HAD to snap a pic of the side past times side!!
Once he fixed my front end a wee chip (as mentioned above), I was all finished together with it was fourth dimension for some pictures nether the telephone light. :D
Before leaving the salon, I noticed an awesome collage of curlies on a wall...
I am honored to live included inwards that collage! This was from 2016! It was thus cool to see me upwards at that spot amongst all those other beautiful curlies.
The salon sense was awesome, but this post isn't done however (sorry? sort of?) My hubby really industrial plant closed to the Ouidad Salon, thus he was coming together me later move to become to dinner. This way I would have got the most patient, sort together with amazing human inwards the Blue Planet have got pictures of my freshly done pilus inwards dissimilar lightings for yous all to see! It's likewise bad past times the fourth dimension I left, the Sun was down. Oh Winter. What was to a greater extent than amazing though was my husband's reaction to my hair. He LOVED it. He said that he never saw my curls await thus bouncy, defined together with frizz free. He was really impressed. Anytime I went to bear upon my pilus (bad I know, but it was only thus soft) he would acquire annoyed together with state me if I don't halt my pilus would frizz. My hubby ever tells me he thinks I'm beautiful together with treats me really well, but I only never saw him react THIS excitedly later me getting my pilus done. So, give thanks you, Jason!
These were taken correct across the street from the salon:
These were taken at a dessert identify later dinner:
Finally, these were taken at dwelling trace solid inwards front end of my ain telephone lite inwards my commons identify for weblog photos. I did motility some pilus approximately a piddling because I got insecure almost my scalp showing. I may have got also caused slight frizz due to touching. My hubby got a large "I told you!" out of that.
REVIEW VIDEO
(see this awesome styled pilus inwards action)
https://youtu.be/i4pjXRHD5y8
PREVIOUS OUIDAD VISITS...
As I mentioned, this isn't my commencement fourth dimension at the Ouidad Salon! Jason helped to salve my pilus later my bleach disaster (bleach disaster non done at Ouidad) inwards 2015. At the time, I was blogging, but non YouTubing thus if you'd similar a blast from the past, addition some magic he performed on hopeless, shorter, bleach damaged hair, live certain to cheque out these posts:
1st Cut Blog Post April 2915
2nd Cut Blog Post October 2015
3rd Cut Blog Post March 2016
4th Cut Blog Post September 2016
5th Cut Blot Post January 2017
OUIDAD DISCOUNT
Save 20% Off Ouidad Products HERE!
(disclaimer: I acquire a 20% off code to their site if yous store through that link)
Overall, if yous are looking for a curly pilus oasis amongst a comfortable setting together with a whole staff that are equally sweetness equally they are knowledgeable, together with tin acquire to NYC, I highly recommend going to the Ouidad Salon!! Jason is incredible but seriously every unmarried mortal that left that identify left amongst pilus that looked AMAZING, thus I don't think yous tin become wrong! I was beyond thrilled amongst how my pilus turned out. I was almost tempted to have got Jason straighten it, because years agone he gave me the best blow out of my life, but I really wanted to consider him mode it curly at this length, together with I think I did the correct thing.
Also, I wanted my pilus to lastly my whole birthday weekend. Check out Day 2 together with Day iii inwards this post HERE.
-If yous similar my blog, delight subscribe?
-Follow @dianemary126 on social media!
-Youtube: curlywavydiane
-Shop My Favorites In My Amazon Store!
disclaimer: I paid for these services myself (well, my hubby treated me) together with I had an email for a costless deep handling for my birthday. That was due to existence a customer together with had goose egg to create amongst me existence a blogger. non endorsed or sponsored. no coin received. all opinions are my own, equally always.
-Diane
-Youtube: curlywavydiane
-Shop My Favorites In My Amazon Store!
disclaimer: I paid for these services myself (well, my hubby treated me) together with I had an email for a costless deep handling for my birthday. That was due to existence a customer together with had goose egg to create amongst me existence a blogger. non endorsed or sponsored. no coin received. all opinions are my own, equally always.
-Diane


















Komentar
Posting Komentar